Wednesday 20 May 2015

Do Not be Discouraged



2 Corinthians 4:16-18Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day.
17 For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!],
18 Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting.
Amplified Bible (AMP)

The Apostle Paul was one man that faced a number of discouraging situations in his life. He understood the possibility  of becoming discouraged, exhausted physically and emotionally, worn out and utterly spiritless.  Frankly many of us can relate with Paul in this. As I type this post I am so tired and feel drained from the activities that have summed up my life in the last month. There has been so much to do( there still is) sometimes I don't know where to start and what to do next but somehow I have managed to keep going. Other times I have felt so overwhelmed and discouraged not knowing how to accomplish my multiple tasks. I realize that part of the pressure I feel is because I have to do things alone. Over the past three years i have combined my husband's role and responsibility in the family with mine coupled with church and other responsibilities i sometimes feel I can't do this.

There are more than enough problem in this  world  to discourage anyone and for a widow it can be overwhelming.  2 Corinthians 4:16-18 is one passage of scripture that has ministered tremendously to me especially in the first year after my husband went home. I was encouraged because whatever I am going through is 'momentary' Paul says it is 'light and a slight distress.....Hmnn not to sure about that Apostle Paul because it does seem quite heavy and intense. But then compared to the glory that awaits us he is right. He says we are to expect an everlasting weight of glory that is beyond all measure, comparison and all calculations. It's really something to look forward to.

I felt like sharing these verses with the hope that the Holy Spirit will minister to you and replace every discouragement with hope Be assured that God is mindful of you in all the challenges of life and the grief. Do not focus on the problems  because they are temporary and will pass but look to the things that are not seen because they are deathless and everlasting. Beyond all the hopes we have for a blessed and fulfilled life here on earth we can be encouraged that one day we will also cross over to eternity to be reunited with our loved ones forever. A place where there will never be sickness, accidents, failures, affliction, sorrow or death. It will just be glory, joy unspeakable, peace and rest from all struggles.

I pray for you that the Lord will renew your inner man and strengthen you. May He grant you his peace in the midst of your storms and meet all of your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment